Junior Domestic Competition
The WBA Junior Domestic Competition (JDC) is played all year round except for school and public holidays. The competition consists of two seasons, Summer and Winter. The Summer season runs from October – March/April and the Winter season runs from April/May – September. Registrations are based on year of birth and change every Winter season. The current breakdown has been provided below.
All player registrations are done through PlayHQ, via a link provided to players by the respective clubs. Registrations consist of the following fees:
- WBA fee: This fee is set by the Wanneroo Basketball Association and is a one-off fee for the duration of the season. The current WBA fee is $214.
- Club fee: Each club sets their own club fees per season. This is a one-off fee for the duration of the season.
- BWA Affiliation: This fee is set by Basketball WA. All members playing competition basketball in Western Australia are required to pay this fee. It is valid for 12 months and makes the member an active and financial playing member with BWA and ensures they are covered by the insurance provided to players.
- BA Game Development Levy: This fee is set by Basketball Australia. All members playing competition basketball in Australia are required to pay this fee. It is valid for 12 months. The Game Development Levy is to support the growth and development of basketball at all levels of the game and to enhance opportunities for the sport.
- PlayHQ Service fee: PlayHQ is committed to continually improving the platform to ensure it provides the best experience for stakeholders across our sport. PlayHQ have introduced a 1.49% service fee charged to participants on all transactions.
Current season: 2023/24 Summer
Next public registration day:
- When: 16th March 2024
- Where: Wolves Den Clubroom (HBF Arena)
Eligible birth years:
|Season Summer 2023-24